• Don’t forget to stay vigilant when preparing for your holiday.
• Just a few simple steps will help to keep your home safe and secure while you’re away.
• Let a neighbour or friend know that you’re going away.
• Arrange for them to check on your house – collect mail, open / close curtains.
• Remember to cancel your milk and newspapers
• Encourage a neighbour to park on your drive.
• Use timer switches to turn lights on during the evenings.
• Lock all external doors and windows and if you have one, set your alarm.
• Keep all valuables out of sight.
• Don’t put your home address on luggage labels when travelling out to your
destination – write them out before your return journey.
• Royal Mail offer a Keepsafe service, where post is withheld for a period of up
to two months and delivered to you on return from your holiday. For more
information visit www.royalmail.com
Don’t forget your garden! Effective garden security will help to keep your